Associate at CENTRAL LAW in Costa Rica. Holds a Diploma in Franchises of Tecnológico de Monterrey and Post-graduate degrees in Franchise from Universidad ANÁHUAC of Mexico.
He currently works in Corporate Law and in Franchise Law. He has ample experience in the structuring of franchises and the implanting of foreign franchises in the country. He is also keen in the legal advice of the franchise agreement and the advice in all legal matters related such as nullity of a franchise, litigation, the registration of the mark, etc. Works closely with the corporate department in the matters of commercial and distribution agreements of franchise and its adaptation to local laws.
He is an active member of the Legal Committee created by the National Center of Franchises of the Chamber of Commerce of Costa Rica (CENAF), with a main emphasis on the legal development of the franchise model in Costa Rica, and is a member of the Association of Corporate Attorneys of the Caribbean and of the CTCA Attorney Alliance Group.
Conferences as an Expert in Franchising :
- Conference at the Caribbean Corporate Counsel, Trinidad & Tobago 2014: Legal regulation and development of a franchise in Costa Rica.
- Conference at American Bar Association (ABA), Miami 2016: Legal regulation of the franchise in Central America.
- Conference at the International Fair of Franchising at the World Trade Center, México.
- Conference in different entities in Costa Rica: MEIC (Ministery of Commerce, Industry and Economy)), CACORE (Chamber of Costa Rican restaurants), Costa Rican Chamber of Commerce
- Conference in the Central American Summit of Franchising
- Conference in the International Fair of Franchising in Panama
- Conferene in the International Fair of Franchising in Costa Rica
- Speaker at the course The legal framework of Franchising at the Costa Rican Bar Association